- RSS Channel Showcase 8689910
- RSS Channel Showcase 8160780
- RSS Channel Showcase 5853375
- RSS Channel Showcase 9229587
Articles on this Page
- 02/03/11--02:10: _Lists of Excitement!
- 02/03/11--17:59: _Awesome Spec-fic, s...
- 04/05/11--05:15: _Aussie Author Month...
- 08/08/11--05:21: _It’s here!!
- 08/20/11--02:20: _Bluegrass Symphony ...
- 12/30/11--16:23: _Here’s looking at y...
- 03/10/12--18:09: _The Week That Was: ...
- 04/01/12--15:30: _So You Want to Writ...
- 04/09/12--04:40: _Writing Habits, Or ...
- 12/09/12--00:32: _Mega-Catchup Post, ...
- 10/11/15--21:32: _Double launch with ...
- 10/18/15--20:14: _Launched! (Adelaide...
- 04/04/16--05:11: _Home Again, Home Ag...
- 04/27/16--17:28: _Speculative Fiction...
- 09/26/16--19:54: _Dragons of the Nigh...
- 11/01/17--22:28: _Australian Short St...
- 02/03/11--02:10: Lists of Excitement!
- 02/03/11--17:59: Awesome Spec-fic, super-cheap!
- 04/05/11--05:15: Aussie Author Month! Or, What DIMIA *should* have asked…
- 08/08/11--05:21: It’s here!!
- 08/20/11--02:20: Bluegrass Symphony launch: In Which I Gush and Share Photos
- 12/30/11--16:23: Here’s looking at you, 2011
- 03/10/12--18:09: The Week That Was: In Pictures and Words
- 04/09/12--04:40: Writing Habits, Or How Lisa is Addicted to Her Diary
- 12/09/12--00:32: Mega-Catchup Post, Part One: WFC
- 10/11/15--21:32: Double launch with Sean Williams this Saturday! Come one, come all!
- 10/18/15--20:14: Launched! (Adelaide edition)
- 04/27/16--17:28: Speculative Fiction and Fantasy Festival, 7-8 May
- 09/26/16--19:54: Dragons of the Night: Postscripts 36/37
- 11/01/17--22:28: Australian Short Story Festival starts tomorrow!
So it’s been a pretty busy couple of days for Aussie authors on heavy-hitting lists, namely the Stoker Preliminary Ballot and the Locus Recommended Reading list for 2010. Sure, you could instantly clickity-click on the links I’ve just provided to see the lists in full – but before you do why don’t we give three cheers to […]
Indiebooks Online is having a sale! Now’s your chance to order Ticonderoga Publications titles you might’ve missed out on in paperback — such as Angela Slatter’s The Girl With No Hands & Other Stories, Kaaron Warren’s Dead Sea Fruit, Sean Williams’ Magic Dirt and a heap of other great […]
lisahannettBluegrassDead sea fruitheliotrope-webgirlnohandscoversmall
Last year, as many of you know, I became an Australian citizen. For five years I had to jump through all of Immigration’s hoops in order to prove I was fit to stay here: criminal background checks, character checks, interviews, blood tests, chest x-rays, mugshots… You name it. They’ve got copies of my mail, family […]
lisahannettAussie Author month
Hip-hip-hooray!! Three boxes filled with copies of Bluegrass Symphony showed up on my doorstep this morning, in plenty of time for the launch on August 19th! And for those of you in Adelaide who may want to stop by and say hello at the launch, the details are as follows: VENUE: SA WRITERS […]
Sometimes I feel soooooooo lucky, and last night was definitely one of those times. It’s actually hard to describe how awesome everthing was at the Bluegrass Symphony launch. Jude at the SA Writers Centre was incredibly lovely, and helped to make sure the atrium was ready for the event to kick off at 7pm — […]
lisahannettOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERARuss selling booksAlex_RussAlex_Seantumblr_lq7k0tN5Cj1qjzsi22OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERATully's cameraOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Last day of the year… so like many of you I’m feeling the urge to commit a bit of retrospective bloggery. 2011 sucked. Then it was awesome. Then it sucked again. Then it got better than ever… And so on. This was the rollercoaster year to beat all others, and it often felt like I […]
It’s fair to say that I’ve been a hermit since the Year of the Grant began. January and February have flown by in a whirl of words, chapters, stories… and very little else. Sure, I’ve emerged from the oubliette once or twice — for provisions, say, or to reassure my friends that I’m still alive […]
lisahannettIMAG0118 (2)IMAG0122 (2)6955225845_6692f3e6e96809170932_d60c63238f
As readers of this column know, we regularly and without thought of consequences, kidnap our guests by means of a malfunctioning vortex manipulator. The problem with doing this to people who write Star Wars novels is that they tend to have their own working lightsabres. So we simply chose to politely ask Karen Miller and […]
lisahannettHiResKaren Miller & Sean Williamsclonewarsforce-unleashed1clonewarsgambitForce-Unleashed-2clonewarsstealthRefugeestargateRemnant1empressReunionrivenFatal-Alliance_11hammerdrwhoinnocentymageTheStoneMageAndTheSea
In other news, Nicole Murphy is running a fantastic series of interviews on her website, in which she has asked a slew of authors about their writing habits and processes. There have already been such a wonderful responses, from the likes of Sean Williams, Angela Slatter, Joanne Anderton, Kate Forsyth, Justina Robson — and so […]
Travel, writing, marking essays, launching Midnight and Moonshine, editing, applying for jobs… Any and all of these things explain my general lack of updatery lately. That’s no excuse, you say? True. True. So I shall endeavour to fill you all in on the events of the past month in a short series of Mega-Catchup Posts […]
lisahannettWonderful dinner, great conversations, excellent company!IMAG1010Charles Vess, Charles de Lint, Mary Ann Harris. Please excuse the crap quality of the photos!Photo by Rani Graff
Lament the FalllisahannettLament the Fall
Well, it’s official: Lament for the Afterlife and Twinmaker: Fall have been launched in Adelaide! Saturday night was such a blast. If you ever find yourself in a position to have a joint book launch and celebration with one of your most excellent friends, do it. It was so much fun launching Sean’s book and …
launch lisa sean launchedlisahannettlaunch lisa sean launchedlaunch winelaunch lisa sean smilinglaunch garth mclaunch lisa reading2launch sean laughing
This is probably the last and latest “post-Natcon” post to show its face on the interwebs — considering it’s now, what, a whole week after the convention ended? — but better late than never, I say. I had a grand time at Contact 2016, which kicked off on the Thursday evening with a completely fun …
IMG_2430lisahannettIMG_2118Juliet, Kate, Kim, and meSwanky for the banquet!Juliet, Thoraiya, Kirstyn, and meMC Lisa! (Photo by Liz McEwin)IMG_2430IMG_2306IMG_2307IMG_2365IMG_2366IMG_2308IMG_2367IMG_2309IMG_2420
I’m delighted to be on the program for the SA Writers Centre’s upcoming Speculative Fiction and Fantasy Festival, which is happening next weekend (7-8 May). This is going to be such a blast — as you can no doubt see from the list of featured guests: Gillian Rubinstein (aka Lian Hearn), Sean Williams, Lisa L …
Don’t know how I missed this, but The Dragons of the Night, volume 36/37 of PS Publishing’s Postscripts series, is out! In gorgeous hardback (as always!) and LOOK! My name is there on the cover! 😮 This volume contains my story, ‘Surfacing’ — perhaps one of the saddest I’ve written (IMHO). By way of introducing …
This year’s Australian Short Story Festival is being held here in Adelaide, and it’s a great pleasure to be participating in the program (which you can access in full here). The festival starts tomorrow and runs through the weekend; you can catch me chatting about speculative fiction with Sean Williams and Helen Dinmore on Saturday …